Monday, September 18, 2006

The Two Ice Cream Guy

The Two Ice Cream Guy

Since ice cream season is now officially over, I need to remember my friend Jeff, who unfortunately chose to leave us in January 2005. I’ll never understand how a man who enjoyed living so much could go from joy to deciding he did not want to live in such a short time. But he made my birthday in May of 2004 when he bought me an ice cream and said, “Hey, that was good. I’m having another one. Want one?” I didn’t want to announce to Connecticut, “Yes, I’ll have another so soon I’ll have to buy an extra seat on the airplane”. But I thought, “Hey, it is my birthday and it is soft serve”, so I had the second ice cream. And so here’s to the two ice cream guy, who when he enjoys something, makes sure he loves it double, not knowing what will happen tomorrow. We had the second ice cream, and more time together, before one of us was no longer here. Hopefully he’s in a better place with a second scoop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home